sexta-feira, 27 de julho de 2012

Dando um up no colar

Gostei desse post de passo a passo para reformar aquele colar cafoninha de cristais. Já vou reformar o meu.


The Odd Couple: DIY Sparkly Embroidery Thread Necklace



With the friendship bracelet trend this past summer that ran rampant like the plague, an interesting combination of materials popped up: humble embroidery floss and rhinestones. (See Frieda & Nellie)

Jolita Jewelry took it to a whole other level, with this "faux silk and vintage crystal necklace." Subtext: string and your grandma's old costume jewelry. Too easy. It's a spin on Victorian mourning jewelry, when Victorians would adorn themselves with jewelry made with the hair of a deceased loved one. I've heard of Victorian brooches and lockets containing hair... but a whole braid like this? Sheesh. 

www.bottica.com

History lesson over. Let's do it.



Tools and Materials:
Embroidery thread (I used about 9 skeins in a tonal range of pinks, coral, and fuschia)
Needle
Crystal/rhinestone necklace


I began by unwinding the skeins and making three bundles (of three skeins each), a little over three times the length of my necklace. 


I tied the ends together, keeping the bundles separate, then began braiding. You'll need to save a piece of thread about twice as long as the bundles for attaching the necklaces together later.



I continued until the braid was about 3 inches longer, on each end, from the necklace, then knotted the loose strings. I trimmed down the remaining string on each end.



Next, I lined up the necklace with the braid, and made note of where I wanted the rhinestone necklace to become attached.


I threaded up a needle with string, and tied the embroidery thread around some strings of the braid.



I used the needle to sew the thread through the braid and wrapped in between the rhinestones. At the end of the necklace, I tied off the embroidery thread and tucked in the loose ends.



I attached with jump rings a larger ring and clasp...


... and it's done!



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário